This Catholic prayer app can be used for daily prayer, mindfulness and meditation, reflection, discovery, and journaling. It includes a number of options for daily Catholic prayer including Lectio Divina, the rosary, spiritual writing, & the Examen.
From the developer: Hallow is a prayer app that offers guided meditation sessions to help us grow in our faith & spiritual lives and find peace in God. Explore contemplative prayer & meditation sessions with techniques like:
- Christian Meditation: finding peace through imaginative prayer & recollection. This can seem similar to mindfulness meditation in learning to be comfortable in silence, but the difference is the goal of our sessions is never to remain in ourselves, but always to lift our hearts & minds to God, to talk with Him, listen to Him, & recognize His presence with us
- Ignatian Examen: reflecting on your day & discovering an awareness of God, Jesus, & the Holy Spirit in the present moment
- Lectio Divina: entering into a conversation with God through passages from the Bible / Scripture
- Spiritual Writing: journaling with God
- Taizé & Chant: meditative chant & singing
- Rosary: meditating with Mary through the mysteries of the Rosary
In today’s world, we’re stressed, anxious, distracted & can’t sleep. At the same time, we’re searching for deeper meaning, purpose, & relationship. We believe these two challenges can be addressed with the same solution: peace in Jesus. In the end, after all, a halo & heaven is the goal 🙂
WHAT YOU GET
- Hallow’s intuitive & personalized experience begins with a 9-day intro that guides you through 3 different methods of prayer. After this, it’s up to you to choose from our collection of over 500 sessions:
- Daily prayer: Pray daily across methods including Lectio Divina (on the Daily Gospel), the Rosary, Spiritual Writing, & the Examen.
- Praylists: Sessions centered on one particular theme, e.g., joy, humility, making decisions, calm, letting go.
- Challenges: Prayers usually focused on re-discovering the beauty within prayers like the Our Father, Stations of the Cross, Psalms and Saints
- Community: Prayers with a set schedule to pray along with the rest of the Hallow community, such as the #pray40 Lenten Challenge, which begins on Ash Wednesday and continues throughout all of Lent (can be a great complement to a Lenten Exodus 90 :)).
- Sleep: Prayers designed specifically to help you prepare to sleep, including Night Prayer from Liturgy of the Hours / Divine Office, Catholic bible stories, and nightly Examens.
Additionally, Hallow offers a number of features to help you customize your prayer experience:
- Journal for users to capture their thoughts after every prayer
- Choice of male or female guide
- Options for 3 different lengths for every prayer (typically 5, 10, or 15 minutes)
- Ability to set prayer reminder
- Option to include calming background music like Gregorian Chant in any session
- Ability to download sessions for offline listeningAs Hallow is a Catholic app, all of our content is developed by experienced Catholic theology and spirituality guides and reviewed by senior leaders within the Church (e.g., PhD’s, professors, Bishops, authors) and based on content from the approved Catholic Bible.
While it can be a beautiful app for Catholic men and Catholic women, it is meant as a resource for people of all faiths & religions.